5 Questions to ask an industrial plant/factory relocation rigging company
The decision to move to a new facility is never taken lightly. Whether it’s due to downsizing or the need for a larger space for increased production capacity, the conclusion to relocate is crucial to your company’s bottom line.
Generally speaking, full factory or plant relocations aren’t frequent events. There is a great possibility that no member in your organization has any experience with a factory move of any magnitude. That being said, it’s crucial that you correctly identify the right rigging company to properly consult you through the process as well as performing the labor required for the relocation project. Below is a list of 5 questions to ask prior to choosing the rigging company to tackle your factory relocation.
- What experience do you have moving a factory of this size?
- How familiar are you with the machinery/equipment in our factory?
- When the equipment arrives at the new plant location, will the same crew members who dismantled the equipment be performing the installation at the new plant location?
- What type of documentation will be provided for the re-assembly of equipment?
- Will you be providing turnkey services?
Choosing the right rigging company to handle your plant relocation can be a daunting task, but by asking the right questions, you will help narrow the field and be better suited in choosing the correct rigging company to handle your plant relocation.